Mumpreneurship is a concept that incorporates Maternity and Entrepreneurship, meaning that involves women who, after becoming mothers decide to create their own business. In Europe this movement is mostly being developed by informal groups of women who feel the need to join into communities with peers to exchange ideas, share knowledge and expand their business.
In FEMME project we find a priority to involve incubators/trainers/adult educators on entrepreneurship to extend their competences for Mumpreneurship and provide a better and suitable service for Mumpreneurs leading them to create jobs on a start-up environment.
Good practice research was performed with the aim to achieve two objectives:
- to give trainers/staff members the opportunity to understand what the most relevant successful business are developed by mothers,
- how did they reach their success, how can trainers/staff members contribute for Mumpreneurship.
The most important initiatives/strategies/activities we think should be considered in order to foster mumreneurship initiatives are the following:
- Training (professional skills related to entrepreneurship: marketing, administration etc.)
- Training on soft skills (empowerment, sense of initiative etc.)
- MENTORING AND COACHING + SUPPORTING SERVICES
- FUNDING PROGRAMMES
- NETWORKING (also in non-formal ways as clubs)
- AWARENESS RAISING
For a full understanding of the key findings please check the project website: https://femme-project.eu/outputs/